dinadinadina

Saturday, March 25, 2006

epicure, hellenic

I miss failedpessimist.
Oh well, getting used to company.
I love wobbly chairs!


Reading about Eusomething, Paramides (sp?), Heraclitus, Democritus (atom guy yay), Socrates, Plato, Epicureans, Stoicism, the Cynics, Eleatics, Anaxagoras, Anaximenes, Anaximander... hellenism


don't mind me, yeah. I'm trying to memorize all the names of philosophers and philosophy-related things.
Sophie's World
great book, if you're going for more factual stuff. I love philosophy. Borrowed it from school a couple of days ago. Such books, I think, are wasted on the majority of the school's population.


I think, therefore I am.


But sometimes we don't need to think.


Existentialism still rocks my socks.


http://m-w.com/dictionary/existentialism


I think I've finally fully (or mostly) grasped the entire concept.


Went to Amanda's with Paula and Robyn, we watched School of Rock. Dang, I wanna be in a rock band. Sort of.
I think I'll play the latin music later.


Camino Latino
by Liona Maria Boyd


According to the review at the back:
she combined popular Latin rhythms with romantic Spanish guitar music in her latest CD "Camino Latino/Latin Journey".


Guitar prodigy, basically, started lessons when she was a teenager, about 14/15.
It's all guitar music, no singing, but in a few tracks there're guest singers and her doing the whole acoustic thing.
Guess she's not much of a singer, but doesn't matter i suppose.


Btw Robyn, I do not have a boyfriend. :)
hm. just remembered something jacque said, a long long long time ago.
something about if I had a boyfriend from my school, it's not good.


HAHA.
i didn't get the joke at first.
one day later, i understood her.
and I laughed.


My sense of humour ain't the best, alright!
Mm. Latin music is so good.
Though I'd be contented with celtic.
classical, jazz


I remember once in class, Mrs Lee asked who the first man to land on the moon was.
I knew the answer. I really did. And in my haste to answer I mistakenly said enthusiastically: "Louis Strongman!"


whole class heard me, duh.


Chu Heng or Joshua or whoever was sitting beside me then was teasing me. I denied it. Poor ears, man, poor ears.


=)


-


Shit. oh noes! omgz lorhz!


I- I! Um. Nevermind.


-


I'm on track six of the Latin music CD now.


hm. Parranda, track 8, NICENESS YO.
I swear, I'm officially addicted to msn. Well, sort of. Ever since sometime last year I think.


Early last year, I deemed it rather unimportant.


I'm on my other computer, anyway. The laggy one. Everything seems to be going wrong, psh. My faster computer isn't working, and I pray that it'll be alright soon because there're lots of files stored on it, including my favourite pictures, poems, htmlcodes, stories, primary school compositions which I had to type out to be displayed in my school's annual publication of their composition book or something.


etc.


This computer is lag-gy, so frustrating, bah.


Robyn.
Debate sounds really fun, I realize.
F'only I could have two ccas.
Because hockey pwns and so does debate.


-


I've never really admitted this out loud, in the face, to myself before, but I don't think 'close' would be an appropriate word for this exchange.


Conversations like snippets of short stories. Coming one by one, hard to decipher, and in the end I think I won't even understand anything because questions are one sided on the other bank.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home